THIS REPORT IS ALSO ON THE CURRENT NEWSLETTER PAGE!
Landesverband Website Webmaster Report
Thomas C. Thornton, M.D. , Webmaster
CONTENTS OF REPORT
THE BAD NEWS
THE GOOD NEWS :Additions/Changes in the Website
WEBSITE STATISTICS APRIL 2007
CURRENT WEB SITE PAGES "HITS" SPREADSHEET
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ARTICLE/IMAGE SUBMISSION TO LUSA WEBSITE
LUSA WEBMASTER RECOMMENDATIONS
The present URL for the national website was established near the end of 2005. Its present URL has remained the same: (http://donauschwaben-usa.org/ ) . The present site continues to receive "thousands" of hits. There has been an increase of over 120% more usage than in the last evaluated time period. While there are several sections of the website that appear to draw a lot of visitor interest, some sections have experienced a drop in visitation. The most likely cause is lack of current content from the membership. The website continues to be an instrument of promoting the Donauschwaben interests. However, its potential usage is far from being realized to date.
THE BAD NEWS
Previous LUSA Webmaster recommendations to the membership clubs- little, if any, appear to have been implemented.
Still no new contributors to website. Content contributions to the site remain mainly from 4 or 5 clubs!
Several new pages on the website experienced a good visitation rate initially. However, as current content dropped off, so did the number of "hits". (Jugend und Kinder, Donauschwaben Issues, Sports info)
Still no corrections to LUSA club links as of the first quarter of the year 2007.
Combined calendar information is not being received from the individual clubs (only 4 clubs have submitted data to date)
(Chicago, Cleveland, Mansfield and Trenton)
Less than 1/2 of the member clubs have a representative at the webmaster meetings!
THE GOOD NEWS
Verbandszeitung showing promise, but content dropping.
Website, in general, still drawing a lot of "hits"
Club Presidents give okay to use each member clubs' information to be used in Landesverband Website Newsletters. This will help to promote the Donauschwaben heritage.
We are still seeking contributing authors for Website articles. Please write to the webmaster, if you have an interest in submitting material.
WEBSITE STATISTICS APRIL- 2008
Over 1239 Printable Pages
(Was 544 one year ago; 856 since September 2007)
of 147 separate pages in website.
(Was 86 one year ago; 123 since September 2007)
Newsletter and History sections with the most hits and printable pages.
Approximately 68,000 total website hits to date.
(Was 31,000 one year ago; 54,000 since September 2007)
37,000 hits since April 2007 meeting. This
represents more hits in one year than the 2+ previous years since the inception
of this website!
copy of this report in Webmaster Archive Section of Website at:
WEBSITEHITS FROM INCEPTION TO APRIL- 2008
Suggestions for Article/Information/Pix Submissions to LUSA Website
(These are essentially unchanged since April 2007)
1. MS Word for word processed documents.
2. Sender to do viral check before sending material/files to (LWM).
3. Send pix in Jpeg format
Keep resolution low (but good enough) to minimize memory usage. They need to be kept within monitor field size for best and easiest presentation. Try to keep the file size below 500K per picture. The server will not accept large pix files.
4. Send information, pix, etc. as attachments and not in body of email message, if possible.
5. Be as current and early as possible (timely manner) to allow for (LWM) time to place on website. Donít wait until the last minute?!
6. Do spell check, etc. before submission to (LWM).
7. Title information or article as it needs to be displayed before submission.
8. Notify (LWM) if any information already submitted needs to be modified for correctness, currentness, clarifications, etc.
9. If possible, try to submit all articles in English and in German!
LUSA = Landesverband der Donauschwaben USA
LWM = Landesverband Webmaster
Webmaster (Landesverband Website) Recommendations(These are essentially unchanged from April 2007)
1. Always give information as it is to be displayed.
2. Notify Landesverband webmaster (LWM) ASAP of website changes (URL, calendar, etc.)
3. Specifically notify (LWM) of who, at each club, is responsible for each clubís activities, corrections, and participation, etc.
4. All Donauschwaben Club links on each site needs to be kept current (report to LWM monthly?)
5. Notify (LWM) of all officer changes ASAP.
6. Submit current photos of all LUSA officers for placement on national website. Can be emailed or mailed for scanning; submit similar to passport type of image 2x2 .
7. All LUSA officer emails or telephone numbers need be kept current to (LWM).
8. LUSA secretaries need to keep (LWM) updated.
9. Hosting Vereins need to keep (LWM) updated for events and related information, etc.
10. All LUSA member clubs need to keep LWM updated on current individual club webmasters and their email addresses..
11. Each club WM should notify (LWM) and other LUSA clubs if links need to be updated.
12. Always address each item in correspondence, so as not to keep them "up in air". If responses are to be deferred to later date, indicate this as so with expected time frame.
13. Recommend each LUSA member club webmaster place webmaster contact information in a readily accessible area on its own website. (Preferably on each page and "clickable")
14. Recommend LUSA presidents establish a consensus as to how "all" of the Landesverband der Donauschwaben, USA member clubs should structure their Donauschwaben Clubs Internet links page.
Webmasters Meeting Agenda
LUSA Webmaster Report
Review Changes in LUSA Website- On-Line demonstration, if available.
Website Authoring Discussion
Club Calendar Submissions
Individual Club Webmaster Responsibilities to LUSA
Suggestions for Future LUSA Features
Need Labor Day Event Information from Cleveland
DVHH and Other Donauschwaben Organizations?
If there are any additional items that need to be addressed at the Webmaster meeting, please let me know ASAP.
Thomas C. Thornton, M.D.
Webmaster, Landesverband der Donauschwaben, USA
|Page Author: DSNA webmaster. The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author. The contents of this page remain the property of the author/copyright owner. Some pages will be updated on a regular schedule. Suggestions or fixes are welcome but may take weeks to months to be incorporated. Anyone may link freely to anything on this page and print any page for personal use. However, page contents, structure and format, and design elements, cannot be copied or republished without the express written permission of the page author/copyright owner. If you have any questions or suggestions, please email the DSNA webmaster at: email@example.com . © Copyright 2012|