Landesverband Website Webmaster Report
Thomas C. Thornton, M.D. , Webmaster
CONTENTS OF REPORT
THE BAD NEWS
THE GOOD NEWS :Additions/Changes in the Website
WEBSITE STATISTICS APRIL 2007
CURRENT WEB SITE PAGES LIST
DELETED WEB PAGES
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ARTICLE/IMAGE SUBMISSION TO LUSA WEBSITE
LUSA WEBMASTER WEBSITE MAINTENANCE LISTS
LUSA WEBMASTER MONTHLY "TO DO" LIST
LUSA WEBMASTER RECOMMENDATIONS
The present URL for the national website was established near the end of 2005. Its present URL has remained the same:(http://donauschwaben-usa.org/) . The old URL had been left in place, with a link to the present site, to allow visitors to correct their browser "favorites" list. The old site is still receiving a large number of hits so it has been left in place for the present time. The present site continues to receive "thousands" of hits. There has been an increase of over 500% more usage than in the last evaluated time period.
THE BAD NEWS
Previous LUSA Webmaster recommendations to the membership clubs- none appear to have been implemented.
Still no new contributors to website.
Still no corrections to LUSA club links as of the first quarter of the year 2007.
Combined calendar information is not being received from the individual clubs (only 3 clubs have submitted data to date)
THE GOOD NEWS
Additions/Changes in the Website:
New website search tool added to "What is New" Page.
New Jugend Pages added.
New "Donauschwaben Issues" Page added.
New "Archives" Pages added.
New Chronicle Timelines in the "History" section.
We are still seeking contributing authors for Website articles. Please write to the webmaster, if you have an interest in submitting material.
Website Statistics April 2007
See Spreadsheet section showing individual page "hits" and percent increase in total website hits.
Web Site Pages List
NAME OF PAGE # %
Archives_Donauschwaben Issues_main page
Archives_Donauschwaben Issues_IGAR Lecture
Archives_press release April 2006
Archives_press release September 2006
Archives_press release April 2005
Archives_press release September 2005
default or home page
Doanuschwaben Issues_main page
Doanuschwaben Issues_2006 IGAR lecture
Donauschwaben_org (last page; NOT deleted 2006)
Jugendseiten_2007 Essay contest
Jugendseiten_2007 World conference
53 (previously34) total pages on website Total Pages 53
409+2 printable pages on website (previously. 233)
# = number of printable pages(material) on website
% = percentage of total printable material on website
DELETED WEB PAGES
Recommendations for Article/Image Submission to L-USA Website
1. MS Word or MS Works for word processed documents.
2. Sender to do viral check before sending material/files to (LWM).
3. Send images in Jpeg format
Keep resolution low (but good enough) to minimize memory usage. They need to be kept within monitor field size for best and easiest presentation.
4. Send information, images, etc. as attachments and not in body of email message, if possible.
5. Be as current and early as possible (timely manner) to allow for (LWM) time to place on website. Don’t wait until the last minute?!
6. Do spellcheck, etc. before submission to (LWM).
7. Title information or article as it needs to be displayed before submission.
8. Notify (LWM) if any information already submitted needs to be modified for correctness, currentness, clarifications, etc.
9. These recommendations are listed on the L-USA website on the "Help" page.
Webmaster (Landesverband Website) Maintenance Lists
LUSA Monthly to do List
1. Check all LUSA club links validity.
2. Check all current LUSA website calendar events and eliminate past event information if possible to keep site "Clean"
3. Check all events for current information and specifically highlight any current changes.
4. Check newsletter for current items; those to be added, kept or discarded, etc.
5. Check specialty pages (e.g.Jugend, Sports, Kinder, Kultur, Archival pages) information current and correctness status.
Webmaster (Landesverband Website) Recommendations
1. Always give information as it is to be displayed.
2. Notify Landesverband webmaster (LWM) ASAP of website changes (URL, calendar, etc.)
3. Specifically notify (LWM) of who, at each club, is responsible for each club’s activities, corrections, and participation, etc.
4. All Donauschwaben Club links on each site needs to be kept current (report to LWM monthly?)
5. Notify (LWM) of all officer changes ASAP.
6. Submit current photos of all LUSA officers for placement on national website. Can be emailed or mailed for scanning; submit similar to passport type of image 2x2 .
7. All LUSA officer emails or telephone numbers need be kept current to (LWM).
8. LUSA secretaries need to keep (LWM) updated.
9. Hosting Vereins need to keep (LWM) updated for events and related information, etc.
10. All LUSA member clubs need to keep LWM updated on current individual club webmasters and their email addresses..
11. Each club WM should notify (LWM) and other LUSA clubs if links need to be updated.
12. Always address each item in correspondence, so as not to keep them "up in air". If responses are to be deferred to later date, indicate this as so with expected time frame.
13. Recommend each LUSA member club webmaster place webmaster contact information in a readily accessible area on its own website. (Preferably on each page and "clickable")
14. Recommend LUSA presidents establish a consensus as to how "all" of the Landesverband der Donauschwaben, USA member clubs should structure their Donauschwaben Clubs Internet links page.
Remember, the website can be updated or changed regularly as long as the information is sent to the webmaster in a timely fashion. Please encourage the flow of information to keep the site from stagnating.
Further suggestions, constructive comments, literary and pictorial contributions to the site are always welcomed. Send such information to the webmaster firstname.lastname@example.org . This email link is present at the bottom of every website page.
Thomas C. Thornton, M.D.
Webmaster, Landesverband der Donauschwaben, USA
|Page Author: DSNA webmaster. The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author. The contents of this page remain the property of the author/copyright owner. Some pages will be updated on a regular schedule. Suggestions or fixes are welcome but may take weeks to months to be incorporated. Anyone may link freely to anything on this page and print any page for personal use. However, page contents, structure and format, and design elements, cannot be copied or republished without the express written permission of the page author/copyright owner. If you have any questions or suggestions, please email the Landesverband webmaster at: email@example.com .|